What if you still want a little something sweet, without totally wrecking your hard-earned progress? Try making some yummy homemade coco-roons!
These little babies are packed with a lot of goodness, won’t derail your diet, and will silence that little sweet tooth demon pestering you for more.
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE COCO-ROONS
- 1 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1 1/2 c. dried shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 c. coconut flour
- 1-2 tsp of dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 tbs raw honey (or organic 100% real maple syrup)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt
Mix together dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl: almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut flour, cinnamon + salt. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the raw honey + vanilla. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Once combined, and while your mixer is on, slowly pour in the melted coconut oil, allowing the batter to thicken. Use a 1″ cookie scoop to form in to balls. place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until set. Store in an air tight container.
NOTE: My first batch i only added 2 tbs of honey and 1/3 cup of coconut oil. I think next time I will add more honey for a little extra sweetness, and extra coconut oil for more moisture, which will also help keep them from crumbling apart!
- a little pumpkin puree + pumpkin spice
- cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- a scoop of protein powder for extra energy
- lemon + lemon zest + poppy seeds
- chia seeds/flax seeds/hemp seeds
- peppermint extract + chocolate chips
- almond extract
Have fun with it, make your own creation, and come back to share it in the comments!!